All brands displayed on Shop Bettr are pre-vetted through a rigorous in-house sustainability framework for our 4 Bettr Values -
1. Transparent: 100 points
2. Earth friendly: 100 points
3. People friendly: 100 points
4. Animal friendly: 100 points
Total: 400 points
To be a brand partner with Shop Bettr, brands have to score at least 200/400 in this framework with a minimum of a passing score in Transparent and at least 1 other Bettr Value.
- Supply chain transparency
- Sharing about makers
- Traceability on facilities, efforts and risks
- Collaboration on responsible sourcing
- Consumer education on conscious consumption
- Sharing of commitment to environmental sustainability, impacts and efforts
- Human-made greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- Water conservation
- Wastewater treatment
- Waste reduction
- Investment in closed loop capabilities and product lifespan extension
- Avoidance of hazardous processes and chemicals
- Sustainable production of raw materials
Find Earth friendly products here.
- Labour standards based on SA8000 (9 key elements)
1. Child Labor
2. Forced or Compulsory Labor
3. Health and Safety
4. Freedom of Association & Right to Collective Bargaining
6. Disciplinary Practices
7. Working Hours
9. Management System
- Assessment of facilities
- Sharing of risks and actions taken
- Rights of raw material producers
- Engagement with makers to improve working conditions
- Living wage
- Well-being of makers
Find People friendly products here.
We believe in treating animals with respect and exploring non-animal-sourced (vegan) products when possible.
- Avoidance or reduction of animal-sourced materials
- Abstinence from angora wool, fur and feathers
- Policies on leather, wool, down, silk, and animal-based dyes
Find Animal friendly products here.